Steps prior to the hair transplantation
1. Blood test:
2. Planning and designing:
Finally, the front implantation line is outlined in accordance with the wishes and expectations of the client. For a homogeneous and natural appearance, single hair follicle grafts are used to cover the first line.
3. Local anesthesia:
Depending on the number of grafts, the intervention will last approximately between 5 and 7 hours. During the grafts’ extraction, the patient will be positioned face down or sideways. During the grafts’ implantation, the patient will be in a semi-sitting position.
The hair transplantation stages
- Removing the grafts from the donor area.
- When extracted, counting and organizing the grafts.
- Making the incisions in the reception area.
- Placing the grafts in the recipient area (implanting the grafts).
In order for the entire process to be successful, the intervention must be carried out by an experienced professional team.
Description of the process to follow during the hair transplant
1. Extracting the grafts from the donor area:
- You can easily see the hair’s roots with an eye microscope (3x magnification).
- First, the extraction is performed with a motorized punch of 0.8 mm in diameter, for double or triple grafts.
- Then, the extraction of the individual grafts is carried out, with an even thinner motorized punch of 0.6 or 0.7 mm in diameter.
2. Counting and organizing the grafts:
- This is done while extracting the grafts. This task will be assigned to a team member.
- The grafts are organized and counted as individual, double or triple grafts.
- The extraction and organization of the grafts will finish at the same time.
After this phase, there will be a break to eat.
3. Opening of the incisions (channels) in the recipient area:
- Opening the incisions in the recipient area requires a lot of experience and technical skills, and the success of the operation largely depends on it.
- The number of incisions should match the number of grafts.
- The channels (incisions) will be opened using very thin blades, made to measure, with smaller diameters than the grafts. Then, the grafts will be implanted in the incisions and we make sure that there is contact between the grafts and their beds. This factor is important for the graft’s survival.
- The incisions will be opened in the same direction of hair growth, in the area of the scalp that needs it.
When there is original hair in the recipient area, the incisions should not to damage this original hair.
4. Seeding (implanting) the grafts:
- The grafts should be placed in the right direction.
- Grafts are very sensitive structures. For the transplant, we use techniques and instruments of microsurgery.
- Our goal is always a 100% grafts survival rate.